Monday, November 14, 2011

Propagating Pepper Seeds

Howdy,  welcome to my blog.

I have had problems in the past couple of years with getting my bell pepper plants to germinate.  I planted them in small seedling pots and waited for them to pop up but not much ever happened and the few that did come up the Bulbuls ate them.  So, I thought I would try something new this year!!!


I am trying the old method that we did in science classes in school where you put seeds in damp paper cloth and seal it and wait for the seed to germinate and then we could see the different plant parts as discussed in class - remember?




So, just before getting on the plane two weeks ago I did this with a sponge type material cloth.  I came back to find diddly-squat has happened!!!  Not one seed germinated from over one hundred different pepper seeds!!!  I know that I have read that pepper seeds take a long time to germinate but this is frustrating to say the least.  I had them in the house while I was gone so today I put them out in the sun for awhile hoping that a bit of heat/warmth will help kick start things soon.

I will start planting my tamater, pepper, summer squash and other seeds in seedling pots soon.  I was really hoping to get back and be planting alot of pepper plants but ........!!!

Anybody got any suggestions they would like to share about how you get your pepper plants started?

Thanks for stopping by!

Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment